For over 30 years the Mosgiel Abilities Resource Centre (MARC) has been offering Vocational Day Services to people with a disability.
These include: music, woodwork, pottery, computers, walking, cooking, gardening, young men’s and women’s groups, and swimming.
MARC provides a variety of social and recreational activities, either at our base at 16 Green St Mosgiel or out in the wider Dunedin community.
People choose the activities they would like to participate in based on their interests, abilities and skills. Each person works with a staff member to develop a Personal Plan that clearly identifies their individual goals
All staff are committed to ongoing professional development and staff training to ensure MARC provides a quality service using a client centred approach.
What MARC can offer clients:
- Small groups
- Spacious facilities
- Friendly, supportive staff
- Support in the area of personal care
- Support for feeding (eg tube feed) if required
- Transport to/from Dunedin daily
- Transport to/from community activities
- Supervision out in the community